Why join OPSA?
OPSA is the SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) recognized professional body (SAQA ID 1027), for the secretarial and administrative industry.
What is a professional body?
A body of expert practitioners in an occupation field who are legally constituted and registered, and have the necessary resources, management and governance structures and practices in place. Professional bodies:
- Develop, award, monitor and revoke professional designations
- Provide for and monitor Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Protect the public interests of the sector it represents
- Register professional members on the National Learner Register Database (NLRD)
- Publish and monitor adherence to a Code of Conduct
- Do not apply unfair exclusionary practices
What is a professional designation?
Professional designations give employers an indication of the level of competence of the members who qualify for them. Designations are awarded based on an assessment against a set of eligibility criteria and completion of an assessment. OPSA offers three professional designations that are internationally benchmarked and registered with SAQA (Designation ID 792, 793, 794).
Who can apply for a professional designation?