Professional designations in South Africa are awarded by SAQA recognised and registered professional bodies. OPSA as a SAQA registered professional body awards three designations to office professionals and administrators from all sectors, both private and public.
A professional designation is earned by a person in a particular field by meeting certain requirements and completing an assessment to show competence in performing a certain job or task. It is an official endorsement from a professional body of your skills and experience.
Achieving a professional designation will:
- Give you a sense of pride in your performance
- Build confidence in handling challenging situations
- Show a commitment to your role and your organisation = greater work performance
- Distinguish you from other staff members and show dedication to your job and your plans to continue developing and growing as a professional
- Ensure your knowledge and skills are current and valid in a constant changing workplace (a designation is maintained through ongoing professional development)
- Recognise your accumulated training and experience and support the range of industry skills and knowledge you have acquired through a combination of education and experience