Make a winning move - invest for success!
OPSA Professional Designation Masterclass 2022
26-30 September 2022
A professional designation is earned by an administrative professional by meeting certain requirements, and successfully completing an assessment (Portfolio of Evidence) to show competence in performing a certain job or task. The Portfolio of Evidence is based on the core competencies required in the workplace. It is an official endorsement from a professional body of your skills and experience. OPSA is recognised by SAQA as a professional body (ID 1027) and has three registered professional designations for administrative professionals. For more information click here.
An OPSA professional designation is valid for 2 years. To keep the designation active, a total of 20 CPD points must to be earned in the 2-year period to show a commitment to lifelong learning to keep up to date with the skills and knowledge required in the workplace.
Achieving a professional designation will:
- Give you a sense of pride in your performance
- Build confidence in handling challenging situations
- Show a commitment to your role and your organisation = greater work performance
- Distinguish you from other staff members and show dedication to your job and your plans to continue developing and growing as a professional
- Ensure your knowledge and skills are current and valid in a constant changing workplace (a designation is maintained through ongoing professional development)
- Recognise your accumulated training and experience and support the range of industry skills and knowledge you have acquired through a combination of education and experience
- Get you the industry’s stamp of approval – OPSA and OPSA designations are registered with SAQA who recognise your expertise, knowledge, and professional status (professional members are registered on the National Register Learner Database (NRLD)
This interactive master class has been developed for administrative professionals who wish to upskill themselves and who want to apply for an OPSA Professional Designation.
- Delegates are required to complete a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) during the Master Class - dedicated time to get it done.(Once you are out of the master class the mayhem of the ‘normal’ world returns and you never get the time!)
- A facilitator will be available to assist and answer questions pertaining to the Portfolio of Evidence
- Update and learn new skills through the mini-workshops
- Share skills and knowledge with like minded individuals
- Discussion on how the COVID pandemic changed the working world of the administrative professional and the skills andknowledge that will be needed to stay relevant in the workplace of the future.
- Interactive sessions on records management, ethics, office equipment and supplies and working with finances to assist in completing the Portfolio of Evidence
- Four mini-workshops on communication, organisation skills, critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and decision-making
Five days out of the office and R11 750.00 (all inclusive). This includes the:
- Professional designation registration fee
- 2-year professional membership with OPSA
- Mini workshops and master class