Priscilla Bouwer was awarded the OPSA/Rexel SA National Office Professional of the Year Award 2011/2012 on 7 September at the glamorous Secretaries Day High Tea at the Johannesburg Crowne Plaza – The Rosebank Hotel. OPSA Patron, Edith Venter, presented the award to Priscilla. The event, which was attended by many of the country’s top Office Professionals, marked the culmination of a four-month process to determine the leading Office Professional in South Africa. She is the twenty-eighth woman to receive this award! The first Office Professional of the Year was named in 1983.
Priscilla is the Executive PA to Herman van den Berg, Managing Director of Yokogawa SA (Pty) Ltd and has been in the profession for more than 15 years. Her vision and belief as an Office Professional includes attributes such as learning, skills development, growth and sharing your knowledge and experiences with others every day. She also believes that it is important to have a positive impact on every person with whom she comes into contact with. Listening and learning from others broadens and enhances her skills. Priscilla believes that she leads by example. She is currently working on starting a PA Forum in her organization, which will focus on energizing optimism, professionalism, initiative and leadership.
In recognition of her achievement, Priscilla was presented with a magnificent trophy and a range of prizes including:
- R10 000 in Cash generously sponsored by Rexel Office Products
- Voucher to attend Office SA 2012 – SA’s premier conference for admin professionals run by Siyanqoba Seminars (Valued at R9000)
- Planet Fitness one-year gym membership (Valued at R6000)
- Rexel Auto+100 Shredder (Valued at R4300)
- R2 000 voucher from Office National
- 20 000 points on a Smart Shopper Card from Pick ‘n Pay (Valued at R2000)
- One night for two (including breakfast) at River Place sponsored by Cardinal Leisure (Valued at R1500)
- Seven piece travel make up brush set from Colourburst.co.za (Valued at R600)
- Two hour Hands on Retreat Spa Escape Package (Valued at R599)
- Be my Guest by Fay Lewis (Valued at R260)
- One year subscription to Office Life magazine (Valued at R120)
A huge thank you to all our generous sponsors who made the day possible, particularly Rexel Office Products and Siyanqoba Seminars.
The Association for Office Professionals (OPSA) is the only national professional association that represents office staff across all fields throughout South Africa and Africa. Founded in 1982, OPSA works to increase the professional and personal growth of the entire Office Professional workforce by providing comprehensive support and advocacy so that they may, in turn, provide organisations with superior administrative support.