The Association for Office Professionals of South Africa is a non-profit Association, founded in 1982, for administrative assistants, administration managers, executive assistants, executive officers, clerical assistants, office managers, personal assistants, receptionists, secretaries and data capturers – in fact all administrative professionals.
To be the leading professional association in developing ethical standards of practice and excellence for administrative professionals in Africa.
Our Core values:
Diversity: respecting the dignity and value of all individuals.
Integrity: demonstrating actions that are honest, loyal and ethical aligned to our vision and mission.
Transparency: conducting business in an open and accountable manner to the benefit of our members and partners.
Excellence: being the go-to place for relevant resources and expertise for individuals and organisations to ensure growth and development.
Creativity: passionately pursuing innovative approaches which enhance service standards.
Our mission is to ensure and promote quality assurance in the administrative profession through:
- Developing ethical standards of practice aligned to relevant global best practices
- Providing suitable and applicable standards that will enhance service excellence in the administrative profession
- Advising and supporting organizations about matters relating to the administrative profession
- Supporting and encouraging members in continuous professional and career path development
- Promoting innovative systems and technological advancements that enhance productivity
- Recognising excellence within the administrative profession and creating meaningful platforms for networking