The job interview is the most important step you will take in your job search journey. It is your best chance to show the company and recruiter that you are the best person for the job.
First impressions are important so being prepared for your job interview and having a well prepared plan is important to increase your chances of getting the second interview, or even better, the job.
This course will give you tips on how to prepare and plan for your next job interview.
This is an information and help guide – there are no review questions.
How to prepare for a job interview
What to wear to a job interview
Plan your journey to the job interview
How to prepare for a phone interview
How to prepare for a video interview
How to act in an interview
Common interview questions and answers
- Tell me about yourself
- What attracted you to our company?
- Tell me about your strengths
- What are your weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Can you tell me about a time where you encountered a business challenge? …
- What are the most important things you are looking for in your next role?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have any questions for me?
What are behavioural interview questions
Job interview tips do's and don'ts
Questions to ask in an interview
- Can you walk me through a typical day in the life of this role?
- What will be my biggest challenge in this role?
- How will my success be measured in this role? …
- What have you enjoyed most about working here?
- Who do you think would be the ideal candidate for this role? …
- Why did the previous person leave this role?
- What are the opportunities for growth within this role? …
- Tips on asking questions in an interview
How to read body language in an interview
The second interview
Interview thank you email
The next step