Winner of the OPSA Office National
Office Professional of the Year Award announced
On 7 September 2016, the Association for Office Professionals of South Africa (OPSA) held the Annual Secretaries’ Day celebrations and announced the winner of the Office National Office Professional of the Year 2016.
The day was a whirlwind of adventure starting with inspiring messages from speakers such as Siphiwe Moyo (#stagnationmustfall), Dawn Williams, Tholo Motaung and presentations by the 7 finalists.
After much deliberation, Hannah Kirkwood from the City of Johannesburg was awarded the title of the OPSA National Office Professional of the Year 2016. The competition was tough as the finalists were all of a high calibre.
The 7 finalists included:
- Nonku Mnikathi – Executive Assistant (CSIR)
- Marié Mieny – School Administrator (Monash)
- Buyisiwe Bhembe – Secretary to General Manager (Kendal Power Station)
- Dantia Richards – Office Manager and Executive Assistant (The Ethics Institute)
- Hannah Kirkwood – Executive Secretary (City of Johannesburg)
- Palesa Seseli-Moremong – Departmental Secretary (University of Johannesburg)
- Angella Musisi – Administrative Assistant (National Institute for Communicable Diseases)
The day ended with smooth voiced Brian Themba who sang and danced the afternoon away with the delegates.
OPSA are proud to have Hannah as the title bearer and look forward to working with her and her committee in uplifting and improving the secretarial and administrative industry in South Africa.
This year’s event will be one to remember for a long time to come. A big thank you to all the sponsors that made the delegates feel appreciated for the work they do in the office.
- Office National
- The Maslow Hotel
- State Theatre
- Belladucci Photography
- Jade’s Place
- Reach New Levels
- Raising the Standards
- Speak up like a Diva