NOMINATIONS OPEN: 7 December 2017
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2018
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: 25 April 2018
OPSA is the SAQA approved professional body (SAQA professional body ID 1027) for the administrative industry.
To promote and support administrative excellence and world-class service delivery in the workplace, OPSA will be holding its annual National Administrative Excellence Awards Event for 2018 on Wednesday, 25 April 2018.
The awards will reward and recognise outstanding service delivery by individuals who perform administrative duties or provide administrative support to an individual or team in an organisation or department.
The selection process does not take job titles/designations into account, but is focused on the demonstration of contribution, outputs and service delivery of individuals in the administrative field.
Details regarding the awards and the nomination process are outlined in this document.
There are three (3) OPSA National Administrative Excellence awards in 2018. Each of the Award Winners will represent an organisation or department in the following business sectors: Private, Public and NPO/NGOs.
The main criterion for each of these awards are indicated the table below:
National Administrative Excellence Award 2018: Private
Demonstrates his or her commitment to the company’s strategy and financial success by implementing processes and procedures that promote effectiveness and efficiency.
National Administrative Excellence Award 2018: Public
Demonstrates his or her commitment to the Batho Pele principle through consistently implementing and modelling the principles in his or her department.
National Administrative Excellence Award 2018: NPO/NGO
Demonstrates his or her understanding and need for resourcefulness and innovation by being resourceful and achieving outputs and impact with limited resources.
- Innovative and creative, leading to new and/or improved program processes
- Collaborative and resourceful in the workplace
- Active contributors to the success of their team
- Delivers administrative excellence within their organisation
- Willing to go the extra mile in delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Makes significant contributions to the success of their organisation/department
- Collaborates successfully with colleagues, community members and business networks
- Consistently suggests new processes that are more efficient and effective, significantly impacting the productivity in the workplace
- Makes a positive first impression
- Serves internal and external customers with professionalism, enthusiasm, and care
- Committed to personal and professional development – formal courses and/or self-taught
This award will recognise someone who is new to the administrative industry yet have demonstrated outstanding support services and continued enthusiasm towards their role and have a commitment to personal and professional development. Nominees must have less than three years’ experience in an administrative role.
The mentorship award recognises the administrative professional that serves as a mentor to other administrative professionals and is passionate about helping their colleagues succeed and reach their goals.
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR AWARD
An administrative professional that has been involved in an administrative role in a project that has had a positive impact within the past 2 years and who displays excellent communication skills with the project team and stakeholders, time management and organisational skills.
To be eligible and considered for the OPSA National Administrative Excellence Awards for 2018, nominees must currently be in a role that performs administrative duties or provides administrative support to an individual or team within an organisation or department.
OPSA recognises the fact that individuals that provide excellent administrative services and support are invaluable to an organisation and team’s success. The award criteria have been developed to recognise individual contribution and outputs of administrative professionals and not role titles.
Amongst others, administrative roles include titles such as:
- Administration Managers
- Data Capturers
- Executive Assistants
- Financial Administrators
- Human Resource Administrators
- Human Resource Coordinators
- Legal Secretaries
- Management Assistants
- Office Managers
- Office Professional
- Personal Assistants
- Program Assistants
- Project Administrators
- Project Coordinators
- Public Administrators
- Team Assistants
- Training Coordinators
*Please note that the focus is on demonstrating administrative excellence and the above list is only provided as a guideline.
Managers, supervisors, suppliers, colleagues and clients are all encouraged to nominate individuals. If they have experienced the exceptional work and invaluable contributions of an administrative professional, they can show their appreciation and acknowledge the outstanding performance by nominating them for an OPSA National Administrative Excellence Award.
Self-nominations endorsed by the individual’s manager or supervisor will also be accepted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To participate in the OPSA National Administrative Excellence Awards, it must be noted that:
- Nominees must be legally employed in South Africa in an administrative role.
- Nominees must be informed of, and consent to the nomination.
- Shortlisted candidates must be available to participate in an interview with a panel of judges – either in person in Johannesburg or via Skype or Video Conferencing.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applications and documentation for short listed nominees is accessible only by the organisers and independent judging panel, and will be destroyed after the conclusion of the Awards.
- Names and addresses will be retained to form a database for promotional purposes of the organisation and sponsors.
- Finalists must be present at the awards ceremony in Johannesburg on 25 April 2018.
- Finalists are responsible for travel and accommodation costs to attend panel interviews (if not done online) and awards ceremony.